The penny

I need to write this down. I don't think I have and I'm starting to forget it so I'll write it here.

I went out soon after my wife left. I stopped at a convenience store and bought a coke. after that I went to the auto parts and bought wipers. the guy gave my change back and added a penny to save change. The guy behind me said something strange. "You know when you need wipers.When your going to work."  I took it as an insult because I'm on disability. I thanked the man for the penny. I went out again another day and stopped an bought the same coke. The lady said the price but I didn't hear it right. I gave her 2 dollars and she gave me a dime. I thought she said 1.09 and I gave her $2 So I asked and she said $1.91, And I thanked her for the penny. Later I Thought about it and I remembered the first coke did cost $1.09. I remembered reaching in my pocket for change.  So I thanked her for the penny but actually she had charged me $.81 more than the first time. I was kind of upset because I had thanked her and she overcharged me.

The story is over twice this long. You don't get it because nobody thinks I'm worth talking to.
 

Comments